The 2018 ISA World SUP and Paddleboard Championship (WSUPPC) is set to get underway on the 23rd November with the Opening Ceremony and the SUP Surfing. The SUP surfing will get underway at 1 pm local time with highly anticipated swell coming in Wanning, China. The defending ISA SUP Surfing World Champion, Luiz Diniz (BRA), will look to get his 2018 campaign off to a strong start on the 23rd November.
The festive Opening Ceremony will inaugurate the competition, as nearly 200 athletes from 26 countries will participate in the Parade of Nations and Sands of the World Ceremony.
The 2017 ISA SUP Surfing Gold Medalists, Shakira Westdorp (AUS) and Luiz Diniz (BRA), will take to the water to defend their Titles when the SUP Surfing gets underway.
The SUP and Paddleboard Technical Races will follow later in the week on the 27th and 28th November also at Riyue Bay.
The event will then continue to a grand finish at Shenzhou Peninsula on hte 30th November and 2nd December with SUP Sprints, Distances Races, and the Team Relay Race to decide the Team World Champion.
- November 23 – Opening Ceremony and SUP Surfing: 1st Round will happen at 1 pm local time
- November 24 – SUP Surfing
- November 25 – SUP Surfing
- November 26 – SUP Surfing
- November 27 – Technical Races
- November 28 – Technical Races
- November 29 – Lay day
- November 30 – Sprint Races
- December 1 – Distance Races