After a break from US competition over the past month or two, things are ramping back up in a big way this weekend, as the penultimate stop of the APP’s 2019 US Cup powered by the WPA gets underway in the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon.
The SIC Gorge Paddle Challenge has long been a favourite amongst the World’s elite paddlers given the ideal downwind conditions that the venue provides, coupled with the phenomenal job that the Organizers have done in creating a strongly rooted, community focused event. Watch out for many of the World’s best this weekend, who have descended upon Columbia River Gorge for a weekend filled with downwind paddling and fun, as they battle it out for the event win and vital points towards their overall US Cup Standings.
Following on from the SIC Gorge Paddle Challenge will be what is the most comprehensive single event in the sport of Stand Up Paddling, and the 2nd stop on the 2019 APP World Championship Tour for both Surfing and Racing: the New York SUP Open.
The New York SUP Open will kick off with a high profile Red Carpet Opening event on Friday 30th August at Minnesota’s in Long Beach. The action will then all get underway on Saturday 31st and run through as follows:
1) Opening Weekend (31st August – 2nd September): Open Trials & the start of the Main Event of the APP World Surfing Tour. ALso featuring an all new SUP Longboard Exhibition event celebrating both tradition and progression in Long Beach, New York
2) 31st August – 4th September: the culmination of the APP World Championship Tour Surfing stop in Long Beach, as the World’s best battle it out at stop #2 of the 2019 season
1) Opening Weekend (31st August – 1st September) – Long Beach, NY: Surf For All Distance Race for Pro-Am, Amateur and Juniors on the Saturday, followed by Surf Sprint Racing for Pro-Am and Juniors on the Sunday
2) Thursday 5th September: APP World Tour Surf Sprint Racing in Long Beach, NY featuring the World’s very best battling it out at Stop#2 of the 2019 season of the APP World Tour
3) Saturday 7th September: APP World Tour Distance Race around the Statue of Liberty in the heart of Big Apple will wrap and incredible week in New York with one of the most iconic races in the world
1) Location: This year’s festival activation will be focused out at Long Beach over Labor Day weekend, when this seaside community will be turned into a hub for the sport of Stand Up Paddling, with participation at every level and entertainment with the World’s very best in town for the week.
2) APP Pool: As with all City Paddle Festival Events, there will be a full schedule of activities in the APP Pool, from SUP Yoga to youth clinics and Pro exhibitions – stay tuned for schedule info for the pool and early bird sign ups to be released early next week.
3) Socializing: With the World’s very best SUP athletes from across Surfing and Racing in attendance throughout the New York SUP Open, there will be plenty of opportunities to mingle with the Champions both on and off the water, with social activities throughout the week, from Movie Premieres, to the Awards Events and of course the Opening Night at Minnesota’s. Stay tuned for final social schedule to be released next week at www.appworldtour.com and across social media @appworldtour
4) Charity – Surf For All: Do your bit to support the worthy non profit, Surf For All in their mission to make surfing accessible to all, regardless of challenges faced. The Open Distance Race is in aid of this worthy organization championed by SkudinSurf and the Long Beach Community as a whole. Get involved and play a part at the 2019 New York SUP Open
For Registration for amateur, pro-am and pro comoetition, confirm your spot at www.newyorksupopen.comand for the latest updates on the event, heat draws for surf and sprint racing, and on the Tour as a whole, stay in the loop @appworldtour
Avec un record de participants en lice pour cette 17ème édition, le Fort Boyard Challenge 2023, s’est déroulé le week-end dernier dans des conditions estivales mais peu venteuses. Face à un public présent en grand nombre sur la plage, les participants en stand up paddle et pirogues polynésiennes ont profité d’une mer d’huile sous un […]
The 2023 Busan SUP Open in South Korea showcased two action-packed days of Stand Up Paddling competition. On Day 1, Fernando Perez Serra emerged victorious in the sprints, sending a strong message about his rising talent. Kotaro Miyahira and Connor Baxter followed suit in 2nd and 3rd places. Day 2 featured a thrilling distance race, […]
Résultats des Championnats de France SUP Race en Milieu Maritime 2023 2ème Journée – Technical Race 42 athlètes étaient alignés sur le départ de la Technical Race pour cette 2ème journée de Championnat de France de SUP Race en milieu marime 2023. Erica Revil et Ethan Bry, tous deux membres du Crozon Waterman Club, ont […]
SIC Maui, the renowned global brand specializing in SUP, Surf, Foil, and Wingfoil, has proudly announced its collaboration as an official partner for the upcoming 2023 ISA World SUP & Paddleboard Championship in Les Sables d’Olonne in the beautiful coastal town of Les Sables d’Olonne, France. Below, you’ll find their official press release: “SIC Maui, […]
Last year Japanese SUP Racer and new Starboard recruit Rai Tagushi left a lasting impression in the world SUP Racing community by securing a double win at the 1st edition of the Busan SUP Open in Korea, one of the most remarkable performances of the year 2022. As we approach the 2nd edition of this […]
En quête de dépassement de soi, la finistérienne Sophie Le Ven Nachon, a réussi à dompter les eaux agitées du Lac de Vassivière lors de l’événement épique des 10 heures de Vassivière 2023 le mois dernier. Le 1er juillet 2023, sous des cieux capricieux mêlant tour à tour vents impétueux, crachin et pluies torrentielles, Sophie […]
As racers, Coaches, Polish SUP Champs and sport ambassadors, Julia and Dawid Kuleta combine the experience of two SUP cultures – Polish and English. They are also one of the very few power couples in our sport, training and competing together. With a solid track record on SUP racing scenes both in Poland and the […]
If there’s one more thing that can be said about the SIC Gorge Paddle Challenge, one of the most compelling SUP races in our sport held on the 21-23 July 2023 in Hood River, Oregon, is that it transforms SUP athletes. Sooner rather than later they will come back and compete as foilers. In the […]
“We felt like rock stars” said about the event Andrey Kraytor who shredded the Sprint final to pieces and walked away with Gold. Agios Nikolaos On SUP 2023, ICF SUP World Cup and National Panhellenic SUP Championship, brought together elite national athletes and some of the world’s top riders and delivered on the promise: “This July […]
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
3rd Party Cookies
We use a set of third party tools to provide information on how our users engage with our website so that we can improve the experience of the website for our users. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!