Starboard Ace Carbon 14 x 27
Retail Price €3,799
|Board Type||SUP Race, Downwind|
The downwind game-changer for choppy water and open-ocean conditions.
– Round vee with double concave bottom shape is faster upwind, downwind and is more forgiving in side chop.
– Concave side planes act as stabilizers to the round centre vee.
– EVA nose ridge is used to deflect water entering the tray and provides extra support when strapping boards to a roof rack.
(Supplied in accessory pack)
– Curved rocker, full volume and narrow outline flows effortlessly with ocean swells.
– Dug out standing area improves stability due to the lower center of gravity.
WHY DO I BUY:
– The Ace has been an original favourite since 2010, with its unique narrow tail outline and dug out standing area. With 10 years of development, the Ace has pioneered and led the innovation in dug out designs.
– The Ace is the fastest board for downwind specific races.
Suited for rider weights between 60-100 kg.
Supplied with Race Ultra Fin.
What’s in Starboard’s Carbon?
– Full wrap of stronger 180g Biaxial Carbon fabric is laminated over the entire hull. The Carbon are overlapped on the bottom, creating a center stringer for added stifness.
– The mid section of the board has extra Biaxial Carbon that wraps both outside and inside the rail for further stiffness and overall hull strengh.
– Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
– “End Grain” balsa wood in the full standing area increases strength and impact resistance.
– Wider reinforcements wrap the deck and bottom rail edges for greater durability, as well as extra reinforced drainage holes.
– Full Carbon technology that delivers lightweight and flex control.
Construction / Technology
This is the lightest and strongest race board construction Starboard have ever offered.