MAKE YOUR QUEST
Come play on the Sacramento River for Memorial Day weekend 2020! The California River Quest has a river adventure opportunity for everyone.
Clinics and training programs will be available to help you prepare for the adventure you choose.
Rentals will also be available – surfskis, kayaks, canoes, SUPs and prone.
Profits from the event will be donated to Friends of the River – California’s only statewide river conservation organization that drives protection and restoration of rivers to support sustainable water solutions through advocacy and education.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, May 23, 2020
Headwaters Adventure Company, 930 Merchant St #1, Redding, CA 96002
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Equipment inspection, registration check in (Mandatory)
5:00pm – 5:30pm
Welcome and racer’s briefing (Mandatory)
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Riverfront Park, 725 Sundial Bridge Dr., Redding, CA 96001
5:15am – 5:45am
Adventure class sign in
Adventure class start
6:15am – 6:45am
Competitive class sign in
Competitive class SUP start
Competitive class start
Monday, May 25, 2020
Sierra Nevada Big Room, 1075 E 20th St, Chico, CA 95928
11:30am – 2pm (awards presentations start at noon)
Boat and board classes for the California River Quest are as follows:
– Solo Kayak (All closed-deck kayaks 18′ in length and under. Open-decked surfski kayaks 18′ and under may also race in the Surfski class.)
– Double Kayak
– Surfski (All kayaks over 18′ in length must race as Surfskis. Note: If you have a legit solo kayak that is just over 18′, please contact us for guidance. Open-decked surfski kayaks 18′ and under may also race in the Surfski class.)
– Double Surfski
– Marathon Canoe (canoes conforming to USCA specifications)
– Tandem Marathon Canoe (tandem canoes conforming to USCA specifications)
– Solo Canoe (non-USCA canoes)
– Tandem Canoe (non-USCA tandem canoes)
– SUP 12’6
– SUP 14′
– Prone Paddleboard (all prones – stock, 14′, and unlimited)
– Other (if you do not see your preferred boat/board class listed here, please email [email protected]
Shuttle Service for Race Day (Limited Availability)
For those of you who will not have a ground support team, shuttle service is available. Dave Meyer, a professional bus driver, is returning with his team to drive cars from the race start location down to your takeout of choice (25, 50, or 100-mile takeouts).
How It Works
Saturday — Meet Dave at race registration to work out a plan for keys (you have two sets and he leaves extra in your car or he hides your key).
Sunday — Drive your vehicle to the race start. Dave and his team will deliver it to your takeout point.
Prices for this handy service are $35 for 25-mile takeout, $70 for 50-mile takeout, and $100 for 100-mile take out.
Payment is due at registration on Saturday. CASH ONLY.
Sign Up for Shuttle Service
Reservations are only being accepted for those who have registered for the California River Quest. Please email us at [email protected] to reserve your shuttle. NOTE that the California River Quest is only coordinating registration and is not responsible for anything related to the shuttle service.