The Barbados Pro is the penultimate Surfing stop on the 2019 APP World Championship Tour that crowns World Champions for both Men & Women for the fastest growing watersport and one of the fastest growing participatory sports in the world.
Steeped in prestige, and widely anticipated to be a pivotal part of the 2019 season, Barbados and its world-famous wave called ‘Soup Bowl’ in Bathsheba will play host to the world’s very best athletes as they work their way towards a World Championship Title.
Beyond the Professional competition and attention that this will drive to Barbados the world over (through live and post produced broadcasts and general media across all platforms and
premier networks), Stand Up Paddling provides an unparalleled ease of access to anyone and everyone as the most inclusive sport in the family of water sports.
As such, the Barbados Pro will kick off with an all-inclusive weekend of fun and festivities that will see the Pros mingling both on and off the water with tourists and locals alike down at Carlisle Bay, in a relaxed and typically Bajan environment, before the intensity of professional competition kicks off in Bathsheba on Monday 11th.
The result: a truly unique event that mixes dynamic and action-packed Professional competition with a unique recreational experience that can only be had in Barbados, and that we can build into a yearly pilgrimage to the Island for Stand Up Paddlers of all levels, backgrounds and abilities.
Barbados has it all, and this will be well showcased through the hosting of the 2019 Barbados Pro in November.
The Barbados Pro will feature:
• 9th November: Barbados Welcome Event in Carlisle Bay with Paddle Barbados
• 10th November: Registration and Opening Event in Bathsheba
• 11th – 17th November: APP World Tour Surfing & Open Trials Competition
• 17th November: APP World Tour Wrap Party
Barbados Welcome Event in Carlisle Bay Featuring:
• Introductory Paddle Sessions
• Mingling with the Pros
• Youth Clinics and Fun Racing
• Live Music and Entertainment
Barbados Registration & Opening Event in Bathsheba
• Check in & Opening night in Bathsheba
Open Trials Competition
• Men’s & Women’s pathway to World Championship Tour Competition
APP World Tour Competition
• Men’s & Women’s World Championship Tour Competition
Saturday 9th November:
• Welcome Event in Carlisle Bay hosted by Paddle Barbados
Sunday 10th November:
• Registration & Opening Night in Bathsheba
Monday 11th – Sunday 17th November:
• 7am: Call for Surf Competition
• 7:30am: Surfing Competition begins
Sunday 17th November
• 7pm: Barbados Pro After Party
TO FIND OUT MORE AND REGSITER FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE VISIT www.appworldtour.com/barbados-sup-open-2019