Starboard Pro Blue Carbon 7.1 x 28
PERFORMANCE SHAPES FOR SERIOUS RIDERS SEEKING WORLD-CLASS WAVES
You are looking at a paddle board that won ISA SUP Surf World Championships 3 years in a row.
The short outline makes it possible to ride a smaller board with more reactivity. Thinner rails give more control & response to generate more speed. Channeled tail gives bite and drives out of turns. All sizes feature diamond grooved traction pads with tail kick pad with raised center ridge.”
-Makes the board feel smaller and is more maneuverable. The board can pivot without the nose catching through the turns.
– Despite the shorter outline, the board is more stable as the nose was normally out of the water due to the rocker.
PULLED IN THIN RAILS
-Require less foot pressure, making it more sensitive and reactive to engage carving rail turns and have greater control down the wave face.
-The low volume rail allows the board to sit slightly lower in the water adding stability.
To avoid catching white wash and improved control.
PULLED IN TAIL OUTLINE
Helps fit in the pocket of the wave for late take-offs and provides faster response in turning.”
FLAT STANDING AREA
Helps hold a wider stance for extra stability in choppy water.”
CONSTANT ROCKER CURVE
– For a combination of speed and maneuverability.
– Curved nose rocker allows to drop into steep waves without the nose diving.
– Curved tail kick offers fast reactive turning and projection to go vertical.
Provides lift, drive and control at high speed.
NEW CHANNELED TAIL
– Provides speed, grip and drive for high powered maneuvers.
– Channels are positioned precisely close to the fins for maximum control & drive.”
FIN SET UP
– Quad and thruster set up options available to suit different riding styles and conditions.
– Fins are positioned close to the rails for quick and sharp response when turning.
– V shape bottom between fins gives sensitive rail-to-rail transitions.
— Lightest weight, Best response, Strongest build
— High-density End Grain Balsa covers the full bottom for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strength.
— Natural uni-directional flax sourced from Europe wraps the full rails stiffens the board and avoids total breakage.
— Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
Construction / Technology
The Brushed Carbon Sandwich construction Starboard pioneered in paddle board industry 10 years ago has been gradually improved year by year. Winning 8 out of 10 Gold medals in the ISA SUP Surf Worlds over the last 5 years may indicate the Innovation Quality obtained.
Starboard continues to develop new technologies; challenging conventional materials in search for high performance from cleaner and more sustainable substitutes. For the 2nd year running, Starboard have been the 1st to reach Gold Level Eco board status with the Blue Carbon constructions.