Who said first at the first buoy wins the race? Here is Titouan Puyo‘s super slow start at the Carolina Cup 2016 broken down in 7 images picked from the Aerial Images ILM /SUP Racer footage. Resilience or Strategy? At the end of the day, Titouan Puyo was the winner of one of the top international SUP races of the year.
Lost in the crowd. Titouan Puyo is ready for battle with/against 160 other riders.
2. While everyone is sprinting into the ocean, Titouan starts with a little jog taking his time to assess the breaking waves and decides to save his energy for a little bit later. On this picture 10 competitors are already beyond the shorebreak while Titouan is still lost in the mix.
3. Gear 2. This is really the starting point of Titouan’s effort. Right after passing the shorebreak, Titouan Puyo is in 43th position. On this picture 33 riders are ahead of Titouan while 9 others led by Chuck Glynn, Beau O’Brian and Travis Grant are already reaching the first buoy.
4. 12 riders have passed buoy #1 but Titou / T2 is coming back fast.
5. And keeping a clear mind too. Titouan Puyo opts for an outside line….
6. … which pays off. A few seconds later, and he has already in 21st position, far away from the draft line and the big chop that goes with it. At that time, Titouan only has 1 goal in mind, catching up the front pack before the buoy which turns into a 400m downwind to the inlet. Job done.
7. The rest is history: Titouan Puyo wins the 2016 Carolina Cup
Many of you will know Seychelle from the SUP race world, she is an extraordinary athlete and coach and now mom too. You may also recognise her as a familiar sight on the red and white SIC boards, paddling on the stunningly beautiful waterways near her home in Florida. As we emerge out of the […]
Rising SUP star Bodie Von Allmen is already a name many on the Stand Up Paddle racing circuit know from his impressive results at Elite level on the world stage yet this young paddler is still eligible to compete as a junior racer. This season he signed with the NSP international race team and TotalSUP […]
The Carolina Pro-Am is the longest-running Pro Am Stand Up Paddle Surf event in the world and for the ninth edition of the contest event organisers, Haywood and Rob along with event sponsors Infinity SUP will be welcoming some of the top names in the SUP surfing world to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, USA from April […]
Rick Weeks is a self-confessed surf bum who signed a pro contract with SUNOVA at 70 years old. A real silver surfer also known around the world as @supthecreek with a board named after him in the SUNOVA line-up. If you do not know who this real-life surf dude is then grab a coffee and […]
The 2023 iteration of the NSP Ninja Pro Carbon was just released by NSP. Immediate stand-out changes are the additional two 12’6” Junior versions of the existing Ninja, along with some refinements to the existing Ninja line-up. Our interview with Alain Teurquetil and Titouan Puyo on the New NSP Ninja! Let’s have a look at […]
The finale of the 2022 APP SUP Racing World Tour saw April Zilg and Connor Baxter claim the World Titles while Shuri ‘Shrimpy’ Araki and Mélanie Lafenêtre got their first win on an APP World Tour event to close a sensational season! Recap, Results, overall World Rankings, highlights and full LIVE FEED presented by Travis […]
This weekend 1,000 stand up paddlers from across the globe will gather in France’s capital city for the World’s annual largest Race, the Paris Nautic Paddle as well as the Paris SUP Open, Stop #4 of the APP SUP Race World Tour. With sub-zero temperatures and chaotic waters, this unrivaled race provides every year a […]
28 kilometers awaited 110 happy SUP racers at the 2022 Marathon International des Gorges de l’Ardèche last weekend in Vallon Pont d’Arc, a renowned and historic long-distance kayak river event in the South of France opened to Stand Up Paddlers since 2016. Following last year’s event status as a Euro Tour regional event for the […]
Between October 28 and November 6 you could follow the action of the 2022 Puerto Rico ISA World SUP & Paddleboard Championships here with TotalSUP! As Official Media Partner of the #ISAWSUPP, TotalSUP broadcasted all the livestreams both on our website and on the TotalSUP Facebook page with daily results, video highlights and Instagram stories. If […]